Thursday 5 August 2010

Nude lipstick swatches - Nyx and E.L.F

Today i'm posting comparison swatches of 3 nude lip colours - Nyx's Circe and Orange Soda and Eyes Lips Face 's (E.L.F's) Natural Nymph.

All these lipsticks are roughly the same price, which is very affordable - Natural Nymph is £3.50 and the Nyx colours vary prices depending where you buy them from but can be bought for roughly the same price if you're including P&P from Ebay.

Anyway here are swatches!


All have the same creamy finish.
Circe is a brown based nude. Looks less brown on. A good nude colour. I find it a bit boring/deadish on my skin though because I suit more warm colours. If Natural Nymph is too light for you then this would be a good alternative.
Orange soda is an orangey nude, looks less orange on the lips but does have a slight concealer-lips effect. Definately better for those with warm undertones.
Natural nymph is the perfect in the middle nude, imo. However it'd be better suited for lighter skin tones as it's too light for me and makes me look a bit dead. Blots out natural lip colour well.

Personally I only use these colours to blot out my natural lip colour before applying either a nude coloured gloss or another lip colour on top, and my colour of choice is Orange Soda as I have warm undertones and the other two are a bit lifeless on me. However im sure they could be worn alone if you really wanted, but they all look gorgeous with glosses over the top!!

What d'you think of nude lips? What are your favourite nude lip colours and glosses?

No comments:

Post a Comment