Wednesday 22 September 2010

Glitter tip nails :)

A couple of weeks ago I had a glitter cravingg and decided to use loose glitter on the tips of my nails.
The process was extremely messy - there was literally glitter everywhere - but the result was worth it! Plus I was helping out at Rhythms of the World music festival that weekend putting wristbands on hundreds of people, so my nails got the best exposure ever!! ;D

Here are some pics (apologies for poor application and lack of cleanup!)





A blurred pic to show the glitter colours:



To do this manicure I started by applying a few coats of the base colour, Collection 2000 Hot Looks Fast Dry in Vogue (these nail polishes are really great and affordable)

After waiting about 10-20 minutes for the polish to be completely dry I stuck nail tip guides on my nails and put a clear top coat on the tips.

I then pressed the loose glitter onto my nails using my fingers. I tried sprinkling it on but it didn't stick as well and there was too much waste. This method was also quite messy but the glitter stuck amazingly and the manicure was perfectt for a good few days before chipping or major glitter fallout.

Once the tips had dried i removed the nail guides and painted 2 layers of clear topcoat on to ensure the glitter was well stuck down and it was not gritty.

I personally love this look but its far too much hassle to do on a regular basis!! Thank god for glitter polishes, I think I may use them to recreate this look again in the future aha :)


Have you ever tried using loose glitter on your nails? If so have you found an easier mess-free method? Let me know!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment